Hello November!
Long time, no see!
The end of October, as well as the month of November so far, have been pretty busy with walk-running, hiking and travelling. I've also incorporated various at home, full body workouts and stretching.
First things first, I've been on a local hike with a group of friends, to see the Fall colors in all their splendor. We were not disappointed ๐ We did about 2 leisurely miles, in the evening.
I run-walked a Halloween 5K! It doubled as a fundraiser to buy equipment for the first responders in that area, which was pretty cool. About 200 people attended!๐ I didn't get too many photos unfortunately.
After the race, I stopped by a local donut shop, to get some Nutella cinnamon goodness. Yummm.
I've again gone on some day trips to the West Coast of Michigan...the little towns are so cute in the Fall!
The sky was so dramatic looking! ๐
As mentioned in the beginning, I've started doing full body workouts at home and they are kicking my butt! In a good way. I'm doing a 30-day challenge. Aside from this, I'm incorporating more stretching into my routine.
Last but not least, I've been trying to go to the Lake more often for some walks. They are so refreshing. The weather is perfect now...sunny but cool.
Glad you're doing well, FireFly, and keeping up a great fitness routine! What is the 30-day challenge all about?
ReplyDeleteThat Halloween 5K sounds like a win-win: 200 people get a workout and it's for a good cause, too.
One day, I hope to make it to the West Coast of Lake Michigan. It looks stunning!
The 30-day challenge is from a fitness app. Basically I need to do a full body workout on 30 separate days. The workouts are different each day.
DeleteI love Michigan's West Coast!
Oh wow, is that snow on the leaves in the first picture? The sidewalk with the mums, pumpkins, and corn shocks is so prettyQ!
ReplyDeleteYay for a Halloween race! I've only run one Halloween race - it is always in the afternoon and I just don't like running in the afternoon so I haven't run it again.
It's sand, actually! In some areas it's so fine and white it looks like the entire beach is covered in snow. This is on Lake Michigan btw.
DeleteThis Halloween race took place in the morning. I'll def do it again. I had so much fun!
Sounds like you’ve had a great month! Fall is a nice time of year to be outside because the colors are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI love Fall in the Midwest! My garden comes alive with multi-color mums...I love all the Fall decor, pies, pumpkin stuff. And then the temps are finally good to be outside for an extended period! ๐
DeleteLove those trail photos! Nature sure makes me smile. I hope you are smiling too! Happy Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!
DeleteI don't know what I'd do without all the outdoors activities lol. It's so much better and healthier to go out in nature! I come back refreshed.