A trip to South Haven, MI

The weather has been lovely again today and we had the 3-day weekend, so we decided to go on a day trip, to South Haven, MI. We ended up walking about 2.5 miles, through the downtown area and on the beach.

South Haven is a tourist town in West Michigan, right on the shore of Lake Michigan. The downtown area sits on top of a hill and then you can walk along the boat canal, towards the iconic red Lighthouse, at South Beach.

We first stopped at a few cute stores, to look for souvenirs and some summer apparel.





I thought these coffee mugs were cute but didn't end up buying anything. 



After all the window shopping, we walked down towards South Beach, along the canal.


The beach was pretty crowded but understandably so, the weather was great!



After visiting for a couple hours, we started the drive back home.  On the way, we took a short break at a picnic spot near St. Joseph, MI, to finish our coffees and some Panera croissants.


The view from up there was so beautiful! 




It was a short, relaxing trip. 

I plan to get out on the pavement tomorrow. Probably more of a run & walk type of thing first, as I haven't done this in so long.

What are some of your favorite souvenirs from your trips? 

How do you deal with the burning sensation in the lungs, when you start running? Or do you not even feel that anymore, if you've been training for a long time? 





Comments

  1. Ahhhh, Michigan!!!!! My family lived in the East Lansing area from June 1995-June 2002, and I totally LOVED everything about the state. Sadly, we never made it to South Haven. AS for the burning in your lungs, I honestly do not remember that (but it's been 16 years since I really got serious about running, so if it did happen, my memory has erased it LOL). Like anything, running only gets easier by doing it...maybe you're running a little too fast too soon? Or not warming up? It's different for all of us, though, so I'd advise you to just be patient and take things slow and enjoy the process and your progress ;-) It will get easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think MI is very beautiful! I love the West Coast little tourist towns. I want to see more of it though. I have never made It to Lansing.

      Yeah, the "burning in the lungs" feeling could have been due to trying to go too fast for my fitness level. I thought it was normal to feel it. I'll pay more attention now, if and when it happens and slow down. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I've been to Saugatuck but never South Haven. A lot of people around her go there, tho! Those mugs are so cute--it would be hard to resist bringing one home!

    I would agree that the burning sensation in your lungs may mean you're pushing too hard; try backing off and see if you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Saugatuck too! I never know how to spell it lol. I thought it was very nice...and there's the state park right by, with the dunes and trails.

      I will start slowly then with the running, to hopefully not feel the burning in my lungs. I thought that was normal in the beginning. Glad to know it's not!

      Delete
  3. Don't run too fast! That's what that burning sensation is telling you -- slow down. Start slowly, you'll build up to faster.

    That all looks amazingly lovely. We had a cloudy, rainy, chilly weekend. Not so much fun.

    Mugs are my thing! I have way too many, but I do rotate through them. I love the ones you looked at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what happened. I was probably going a bit to fast and thought it was normal to feel like that. I will take it easier now.

      Sorry to hear it was cloudy and chilly where you are. This spring weather has been all over the place.

      I love mugs too. I have so many!

      Delete
  4. I have actually never been to Michigan! Looks like a perfect weekend to getaway. I do love to collect fun coffee mugs as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michigan is very beautiful. Lots of cute little towns on the lake, each with their own Lighthouses and unique shopping and beaches. There's a tulip festival, a cherry festival...lots of fun things.

      I love coffee mugs. Problem is I need to stop buying so many :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello November!

A short 1.2 mile hike

I'm back - Winery 5k race recap