Introduction

Hi! 

I thought I'd start this page as a way to journal my running and hiking. Plus some traveling. With the hope it will provide motivation to continue being active and act as a lighthearted distraction from other things.

The name of the blog is a reference to a summer memory, from a while back. It was night time. The sky was dark blue but I could still see the winding road ahead of me and....fireflies! It felt magical.

I've never gone past the 5K distance with my running. My last in -person race was such a long time ago, it doesn't even count! I'm more or less starting from scratch. 



Comments

  1. My last in person half, anyway, was almost 2 1/2 years ago -- life, Pandemic got in the way. It still counts!

    Sounds like we enjoy some of the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started my blog for the same reason...many years ago. For years I only ran 5ks but then all of a sudden I went longer and I've never looked back.

    Yes all races count. All runs count. No matter the distance and when they occurred.

    I agree. Fireflies are magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I am only aiming at 5Ks but...who knows. I'm intrigued by people's ability to run longer distances! So cool!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello November!

I'm back - Winery 5k race recap

A short 1.2 mile hike