A trip to Chicago, IL

I got the chance to spend a day in Chicago. It was hot, humid and the sky was what I would call "solid blue." Not one cloud to be seen, just sunny all the way! I should have worn sunscreen.

I walked about 2 miles, doing the touristy stuff up and down Michigan Avenue, in the Loop.


I admired the shiny green river, with speedboats and cruise boats passing by occasionally.


I stopped for coffee and pastries, then later for ice cream (with the excuse of it being so hot:)


It was nice to see this beautiful city!



On the running front, I kind of slacked so far, this week. I plan on going out this evening. It is just so humid! 

Most evenings I ended up just reading in the shade and trying out some new-to-me cheesy bread sandwiches.



One fun thing I saw this week while shopping was this social distancing mug πŸ˜„



What is new with you? How are you coping with the heat? 

Do you have a favorite sunscreen brand for running? 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello November!

I'm back - Winery 5k race recap

A short 1.2 mile hike