Weekly recap

During the week: 2 miles (walk)
Saturday:  1 mile (hike)
Sunday: 3.75 mile (actual running and some walking)

My only outdoors activity during the week has been the walk through downtown Chicago.

On Saturday, I hiked on a trail going to the lake. There was a lot of dandelion puff everywhere, in some places inches deep, which made everything look like it were coated in snow. Nevermind the sweltering heat! πŸ˜„




Today I drove to a park in the afternoon and run-walked a total of 2.25 miles, on pavement.

I took a break of a few minutes after the 1st mile, to cool off a bit, as I run in full sun and I was feeling hot.  I found shade under a mulberry tree on the side of the road and got to enjoy some sweet, anti-oxidant rich and "organic" fruit. πŸ˜„

I again saw so an assortment of wildflowers! And then a small egg - I wonder how it ended up on the pavement. Maybe a predator took it from the nest.




I felt like today was finally comfortable to be outdoors, not too hot, not too humid. Such a change from last week!  It made me WANT to be outside. In the evening, I went out for a trail run.



I set my phone app for 1.5 mile distance and off I went on the trails. It was cool, in the shade and I felt really good. I managed to run more than walk. It was actually pleasant and I let go of worries and just focused on being there, in the woods.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello November!

I'm back - Winery 5k race recap

A short 1.2 mile hike