On the trails
Twice over the past few weeks, I've managed to get to a local park which has a trail that loops around a central lake. It's a treat, now, in July- August.
Wildflowers, woods, the sound of a creek running fast under an old bridge...they makes me feel like I've travelled somewhere far away, maybe to the mountains. Then there's the dark lake, covered in lotus flowers and full of aquatic life. So much change of scenery on one trail!
The second trip to the park happened last weekend. It was very nice out, low 70s and sunny.
When I got there, I was feeling a bit unwell but brushed it off. Maybe I ate something bad for breakfast..not sure.
I managed about 1.5 miles total. The first mile I run-walked and was feeling ok (or so I thought). Then I started feeling unwell again and slowed down to a halt. It was weird. I made it home and that was that.
Of course I saw mushrooms again, on the trail! And some wood fungus...and some moss...











Comments
Post a Comment