Recap of August so far
Long time no writing. Summer is flying by.
Since my last blog post, I have done a lot of short walks, longer hikes and some day trips. Sprinkled with some bursts of running here and there. But I have slacked on that front (I blame the heat and humidity).
Exciting things will be happening in the Fall though, as I've signed up for a 5K and will start to train for it this week! Details to come! π
I've also done some stretching classes, for several weeks in a row. So that's a win.
One of the August hikes I've done has been in a historical park, on a trail that follows a little river, through the woods and on farmland.
At the trailhead there were lots of cars and people grilling and having a good time. However, after hiking for a while, I came upon a lone truck, parked at another entrance and the driver strolling ahead of me.
Something about the remoteness of the place nagged at me and since I had already hiked for about 1 mile already, I decided to turn back at this time. Back at the parking lot, music was now blaring from one of the bbq shelters, lol. I picked up some green acorns and took photos if weird fungus on the trees.
More recently, I've been on a day trip to South Haven, MI. It was a perfect summer day, with bluebird sky and puffy white clouds!
We happened to be there while a Blueberry Festival (which auto-correct wants to change to the Burberry Festival, hehe) was taking place. Yumm.
We ended up buying some pies and regretted not buying even more lol. So good!














Wow, what a wonderful way to spend the summer! There is nothing wrong with taking a break from running and doing some hikes and day trips instead.
ReplyDeleteI love that trail! A bit scary with the lone truck - but you did the safe thing.
Looking forward to your 5K in autumn!
I remember those Michigan blueberries!! We lived in the East Lansing area for several years, and we used to pick blueberries at a nearby blueberry farm. Sounds like you have an exciting Fall season on the calendar!
ReplyDeleteWhen I started to read your post, I thought to myself: 'That looks like Lake Michigan!'. I've spent a lot of time on the shore and the water from Chicago to northern Wisconsin. It's so beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your time in Grand Haven. You were right to follow your instincts and turn around on the trail. You can never be too safe!
ReplyDelete