"Sasquatch" 5K trail run
The "Sasquatch" 5K trail run took place over the weekend. It was held on some hilly trails, in a local, wooded park.
I got there at about 8:30am, to pick up my bib. The registration was supposed to come with some winter gear...well this was the blandest, most basic, non-technical stuff I have ever seen. π In the donation pile it goes! I am sure someone will find it useful, just not for running.
There were only around 40 particl.p.ipants, so a small race. Fine by me, as I didn't have to worry too much about social distancing. Some people brought their pups.The race started with an uphill...I stayed in the back. A lot of the runners that were very quick to start eventually slowed down. I managed to pass a few, as after walking uphill, I was now finally running too.
The course was well marked with orange flags and there were even some volunteers, directing traffic where the trail was confusing.
Noteworthy...so many roots! On a flat surface like in the photo below, it's not too bad but running downhill...I am surprised I didn't fall and break a tooth! π
Something interesting about this race..it had no water/hydration provided on the course. I know it was a short race but all other 5Ks I've done had water at each mile marker or at least half-way. Oh, this one also had no mile markers.
About half-way through the course, I felt very dehydrated. When I got to the area where the race organizers were (the course consisted of multiple loops, so we passed them twice), I asked for some water. They had to go grab it from somewhere else...then run after me to give me a bottle.
It cooled me down wonderfully and I felt renewed. I could run again and felt fresh and strong.
During this second half of the course, it was me, two other girls and one guy, "battling it out." π We keep passing each other lol. It made it more fun to have some close "competition" and I think I ran more and faster because of it.
This trail run is called Sasquatch 5K because there was a Sasquatch waiting and high-fiving us on the course. I only took a blurry photo, duh!
Finally, I made it to the finish line. It felt like a pretty intimate, laid back race, where most people knew each other.
The after-race food was kind of...meh. Some water, Gatorade and some cheap granola bars. They looked a bit stale so I'm not sure I'll ever open mine. π
Edited to add: they also provided free race photos (on their website). They are of surprisingly high quality. I've looked up the lady photographer because she did wonders with the angles, natural light and colors.
***The photos in this post are all mine thoughπ



Comments
Post a Comment