October hiking and walking

Hi all! How's it going? I am excited to catch up with everyone's running and hiking adventures.

After my Sasquatch 5k, the only exercise I've been able to do has been some hiking and walking. 

On Saturday, I hiked a 2.5 mile trail overlooking some wetlands. It went up and down on sand, through various ecosystems. 

There were lots of flowers and fungi and the Fall colors have started to appear. The purple Aster was everywhere.






On Sunday I walked in a local orchard. I was picking apple in the process too...does that count as stretching? πŸ˜€ Carrying apples must count as weight training! 




I also visited some garden centers...sooo many flowers! Hard to choose. I loved all the colors!



The weather has been pretty rainy so I didn't get out for a run. I hope to, this weekend. 

How about you, what's new?



 

Comments

  1. Your hikes look beautiful, Firefly.
    I love your attention to detail - the flowers and acorns look so autumny. And yes, I would say that carrying apples around does count as weightlifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics! I need to get some mums...I keep procrastinating that annual treat. Not much rain here...we really need it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello November!

A short 1.2 mile hike

I'm back - Winery 5k race recap