Trip to St Joe and some October hiking
The beginning of October has brought a lot of rain and cooler weather. My mums are in full bloom and bring me so much joy. The leaves have started to pile up in my yard. It smells like rain, leaves and cut grass.
On a sunny weekend, we went again to St. Joe, Michigan. It's such a bustling little town. On a day with blue skies, the gold leaves and general Fall atmosphere were wonderful. The red and white Lighthouse shone in the sun.
Like we always do, we grabbed coffees first. I had my first PSL of the season, from a local cafe. We visited a couple of the stores for some window shopping.
I feel blessed to live relatively close to all these cute towns by the Lake. I haven't done any traveling during the pandemic, except for these day trips which recharge me for the week ahead and serve as a reminder that better days are ahead.
So far, in October, I also went on some longer hikes. Last weekend I joined some friends for a 5 mile hike on some other trails close to the Lake.
It's lovely this time of year.
It's crazy what you can find while hiking (this time on a solo hike). For example, this lonely sock was hanging from a branch π
On another 1.5 mile hike I saw more normal things, flowers...stones...
I'll leave you with some pumpkins and mums...from my trip to the garden center where I brought more...mums. π
You know I love my hikes!!! I agree with you that it's amazing what you find. Love the Lake Michigan shoreline. We're heading north to Lake Wisconsin again. I've got more miles to do for the hiking challenge I'm doing this month.
ReplyDeleteThese little towns by the Lake of Michigan are so beautiful, Firefly!
ReplyDeleteI used to know a couple from Holland, Michigan, and they always invited us to come. I really need to go one day.
Thanks for the beautiful photos! π€©